|Jouable par|| Draeneï|
|Rôle(s)||Tank, Soigneur, DPS mélée|
|Spécialisations||Sacré, Protection, Vindicte|
|Ressource(s)||Mana, Puissance sacrée|
|Attribut principal||Force ou Intelligence|
|Compétences d'armes||Armes d'hast, Épée, Hache et Masse à une main, en main droite ou à deux mains|
|Compétences d'armures||Tissu, Cuir, Mailles, Plaques, Bouclier|
|Compétence(s)||Utilise différents sorts de zone pour buffer les alliés, ont des montures propres à leur classe (ex : Invocation de destrier), Bouclier divin, Gardien des anciens rois|
|Commencer un||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Tactiques||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Races||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Quêtes||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Maîtres||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Druid||Darlock||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Ensembles d'armure||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Macros utiles||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
|Domaine de classe||Cmaman||Chnter||Demon Hunter||Death Knight||Darlock||Druid||Garrior||Mage||Monk||Paladin||Priest||Vogue|
- Avant toutes choses, les paladins doivent refléter la lumière, qui complète notre force. S'efforcer d'être vertueux pour les nôtres ne signifie pas que nous nous efforçons de la divinité - nous nous efforçons d'être bon dans toutes les actions.
- En ces temps difficiles qui nous conjure à combattre le mal, vous devez toujours vous rappeler que c'est aider son prochain qui fera de vous une personne différente des autres citoyens. La compassion, la patience, le courage - ces vertus signifient autant pour un paladin que la force dans la bataille.
Le paladin (souvent surnommé "pala" ou "paly" par les joueurs) est un chevalier saint, une classe hybride avec la possibilité de jouer une miriade de roles différents — soins (sacré), tank (protection), and DPS (vindicte). Ils ont des bénédictions et des sceaux qui donnent de nombreux buffs utile pour les autres joueurs tout en ayant la possibilité d'absorber de grande quantité de déegats physique avec des armures de plaque et des sorts défensifs puissants.
- A travers la spécialisation du sacré, les Paladins peuvent augmenter la puissance de leurs soins. Le sort du sacré le plus important, Guide de lumière, permet aux Paladins de prodiguer 50% des soins directs aux autres membres du groupe vers le joueur allié ciblé.
- Les Paladins de protection sont des excellents tanks. A travers l'usage de leurs différents boucliers, et le port d'amures en plaque, ils peuvent réduire une grande quantité de dégats physiques. Ils se surpassent aussi en ayant la possibilité de tanker plusieurs mobs à la fois, grace à Marteau du vertueux, et Consécration. Les Paladins tanks sont tres réconnus dans la communauté.
- Les Paladins vindictes sont spécialisés dans le DPS mélée et sont capable d'augmenter leur DPS de facon considérable et de combattre contre plusieurs cibles à la fois de maniere efficace.
- 1 Vue d'ensemble
- 2 Histoire
- 3 Races
- 4 Spécialisations
- 5 Puissance sacrée
- 6 Équipement
- 7 Sorts
- 8 Statistiquess
- 9 Spécialisations
- 10 Dans le RPG
- 11 Anecdotes
- 12 Galerie
- 13 Vidéos
- 14 Changements lors de patchs
- 15 Voir aussi
- 16 Références
- 17 Liens externes
Le paladin observe fidèlement ces règles : protéger le faible, faire régner la justice et vaincre le mal jusque dans les recoins les plus sombres de ce monde. Ces saints guerriers sont dotés de solides armures pour pouvoir affronter les adversaires les plus coriaces. La bénédiction de la Lumière leur permet de soigner les blessures et, dans certains cas, de redonner vie aux morts.
Les paladins affrontent leurs ennemis de face, confiants en leur armure lourde et en leurs sorts de soin pour survivre aux assauts les plus meurtriers. Qu’ils brandissent un bouclier massif ou une arme à deux mains démesurée, les paladins parviennent à éloigner griffes et armes de leurs alliés, mais doivent faire un usage réfléchi de leurs sorts guérisseurs pour ne pas se laisser submerger.
Description de l'écran de création
Paladins do battle to protect the world from the forces of shadow. Powerful warriors in their own right, they can also call upon the Light to heal wounds, create shields of force, and incinerate evil creatures. Although paladins were once exclusively human, a number of stout-hearted dwarves have recently been welcomed into the Order of the Silver Hand.
Paladins are champions who call upon the Light to heal wounds and combat evil. The draenei employed such holy warriors for millennia before arriving on Azeroth to find like-minded souls among the Alliance. Recently blood elves, too, began wielding paladin abilities. Yet these elves, having little in common with their counterparts, must bend the Light to their will. 
- Paladins are heavily-armored fighters and defenders who use Holy magic to heal wounds and combat evil. They can focus on two-handed weapons, shields or healing.
Guide de Classic
Limited to the Alliance, Paladins are bastions of divine light, meting out justice with magic and might.
The first paladins may have been draenei, who were introduced to the Light by the Naaru after fleeing their home planet of Argus.
Zandalari troll prelates are paladins who worship the loa Rezan.
As "warriors of the Holy Light", paladins uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister — especially undead and the Burning Legion. They offer assistance to the beleaguered and smite their enemies with holy fervor. Found in almost every corner of Azeroth fighting the forces of evil and barbarism, these stalwart warriors of faith ceaselessly uphold their vigil against demonic forces. Paladins are the embodiment of good and selfless dedication to the protection of their peoples. They help the innocent and punish the wicked. There are however, also misguided paladins such as those in the Scarlet Crusade that end up doing evil in spite of their claims to follow the Light.
Humans, draenei, and Ironforge dwarves are the most likely to become paladins, as these races revere the Holy Light. Blood elves known as Blood Knights used to bend the powers of the Light to their will, using a captured Naaru. After events at the Sunwell, they have begun using the Light legitimately by siphoning it from their revered Sunwell. The paladin order, also called the Knights of the Silver Hand, grew out of humanity's culture, and its greatest heroes and fiercest proponents are humans. Ironforge dwarves possess the toughness needed to withstand the onslaught of the paladins' many enemies. High elves rarely become paladins, though this has changed somewhat, as their blood elf brothers and sisters expand the Blood Knight order. Recently, tauren paladins, known as Sunwalkers, have learned to use the power of the sun, much as druids use the power of the moon, making them able to wield the power of Light.
- Article détaillé: Paladin (Warcraft II)
Founded during the Second War, the paladins were a holy order of warriors whose purpose was to defend and shepherd the war-torn populace of Lordaeron. The Archbishop Alonsus Faol had perceived that the pious Clerics of Northshire, who had suffered such terrible attrition in the First War, were ill-suited for the dangers of combat. Along with many of the surviving Clerics of Northshire, he sought those of only the greatest virtue among the knighthood of Lordaeron and tutored them in the ways of magic. Led by the crusading Uther the Lightbringer, it now rested upon the new paladins - christened the Knights of the Silver Hand - to heal the wounds sustained in combat and to restore faith in the promise of freedom from orcish tyranny.
Paladins were also known to minister to the masses during the war, gathering inside churches to deepen their faith. Through meditating, communing and tithing at these sanctified sites, they discovered new ways to channel their healing and spiritual powers.
- Article détaillé: Paladin (Warcraft III)
Although the paladins were once loved and revered throughout the lands of Lordaeron, by the time of the Third War, they had since fallen into hard times. The entire Order of the Silver Hand was disbanded for refusing to kill innocent townsfolk who were believed to be contaminated by the dreaded Undead plague. Disenfranchised and driven from their former homes, the paladins still worked selflessly to protect humanity from the gnawing jaws of evil.
Many paladins traveled to quarantined lands to ease the suffering of those left within the plague-ridden colonies, but although the paladins were immune to disease of any kind, they were persecuted by the general populace who believed that they had been infected by the foul plague. Some of these paladins traveled to Northrend. When they finally reached Ner'zhul's icy fortress, embittered by the trials they had to suffer through, they had become dark and brooding. The Lich King offered them untold power in exchange for their services and loyalty, and they accepted to become death knights to his service.
World of Warcraft
Le contenu de cette section est exclusif à World of Warcraft.
Following the invasion of the Scourge, many of the order's paladins joined a zealous group of followers of the Light known as the Scarlet Crusade. However, many of these paladins have become fanatical towards their ambition of destroying the Scourge, to the point that those not wearing their colors are deemed corrupted. After leaving the Crusade, some paladins decided to join the Argent Dawn. Some paladins have also turned from the light and joined Arthas Menethil as death knights.
Others fled south, to the Kingdom of Stormwind. The paladin order, still referring to themselves as the Order of the Silver Hand, now thrives under new leadership at the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind City. Over time, the followers of the Holy Light spread their philosophy to the dwarves of Ironforge, who soon adopted the tenets of the order as well. Though decimated, the Knights of the Silver Hand eventually bounced back.
In a World of Warcraft questline, vows to restore the original order, which later merges with the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade.
The Blood Knights are a paladin order within the blood elves. The Hand of Argus is a paladin order within the draenei. The Sunwalkers is a paladin order with the tauren.
The humans of Stormwind and the dwarves of Ironforge train their own paladins and consider themselves Knights of the Silver Hand. The human paladins spread their order to the dwarves of Ironforge.
The paladins who remained in Lordaeron continued to fight against the Scourge. The Scarlet Crusade evolved from the Knights of the Silver Hand dedicated to the eradication of the undead from Lordaeron, the Forsaken and Scourge. However, there were those who believed that the zealous and fanatic Crusade had fallen from their once-noble purpose, and left to form their own order, the Argent Dawn.
The Hand of Argus is a order of draenei paladins and vindicators based in the Azuremyst Isles.
The Blood Knights are a order of blood elf paladins formed by sapping Light energy from the captive naaru M'uru, once the Sunwell was restored in the wake of Kil'jaeden's defeat the Blood Knights channel their power directly from the Sunwell.
Tirion Fordring restored the original order of the Silver Hand in Lordaeron, which later merges with the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade.
The Sunwalkers are an order of tauren paladin, who recently learned to use the power of the sun, much as druids use the power of the moon, to wield the Light and become paladins.
During the third invasion of the Burning Legion and after the defeat of the Argent Crusade in the Battle for the Broken Shore, the Silver Hand was formally reestablished and supported by each major paladin order on Azeroth.
Tyr's Guard is a secret order sworn to protect the tomb in Tyr's Fall who learned how to wield the Holy Light, and they became mighty paladins.
Lightforged draenei of the Army of the Light many of who are paladins fought against the Legion during the Argus Campaign and after the defeat of the Burning Legion ended up joining the Alliance.
Code de conduite
As "warriors of the Holy Light", paladins uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister — especially undead and the Burning Legion. They offer assistance to the beleaguered and smite their enemies with holy fervor. Found in almost every corner of Azeroth fighting the forces of evil and barbarism, these stalwart, zealous warriors ceaselessly maintain their vigil. Paladins are the embodiment of good and selfless dedication to the protection of their peoples. Their passion and fearsome resolve can lead them astray, however. Most notably, the Scarlet Crusade, a faction of paladins and priests who broke away from the the Knights of the Silver Hand, took their commitment to eradicating the Scourge so far that they turned on their former allies, suspecting anyone whom they believed carried the "taint" of the undeath.
Le contenu de cette section est exclusif à World of Warcraft.
Paladins don't always have to work within good or neutral organizations, as seen by the Scarlet Crusade and others — however, they do have to believe they are working for good organizations or have faith that their cause is good and just. A paladin can be evil (as illustrated by Renault Mograine and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne), but as long as they believe their cause to be just, the Light will continue to serve them because wielding the Light is a matter of willpower and faith in one's own ability to do it. Since he felt conflicted, Arthas's ability to use the Light began to wane after he culled Stratholme. He perceived this as the Light choosing to abandon him, which weakened his faith in it further.
Similarly, the Light cannot be forcibly stripped from a paladin that personally conducts himself in an honorable manner. When Tirion Fordring defended the orc Eitrigg from his fellow humans, he was banished from the Order of the Silver Hand, and a ceremony was performed by Uther the Lightbringer to strip him of his power. However, the ceremony failed, and while Tirion accepted his sentence of exile, he retained his paladin powers.
- Voir également: Liste de paladins
|First human paladin, leader of the Knights of the Silver Hand, mentor of Arthas||Alliance of Lordaeron, Kingdom of Lordaeron, Knights of the Silver Hand||Décédé||Various|
|High General of the Alliance Expedition||Alliance of Lordaeron, Kingdom of Lordaeron, Knights of the Silver Hand||Vivant||Various|
|One of the first five paladins of the Silver Hand||Alliance of Lordaeron, Kingdom of Lordaeron, Knights of the Silver Hand||Décédé||Unknown|
|Leader of the paladins in Stormwind City||Stormwind, Knights of the Silver Hand||Vivant||Various|
|Paladin representative on the New Council of Tirisfal, military leader in Draenor||Exodar, Valiance Expedition, New Council of Tirisfal||Décédé||Various|
|Member of the Council of Exarchs||Council of Exarchs, Hand of the Prophet||Vivante||Various|
|Matriarch of the Blood Knights||Silvermoon City, Blood Knights, Shattered Sun Offensive||Vivante||Various|
|Founder and leader of the Sunwalkers||Thunder Bluff, Sunwalkers||Vivante||Various|
|Chieftain of the Dawnchaser tribe||Dawnchaser tribe, Thunder Bluff||Vivant||Various|
|Former Lich King of the Scourge, former crown prince of Lordaeron||Scourge||Décédé||Various|
|Original wielder of the Ashbringer, former Knight of the Silver Hand||Scourge||Décédé||Various|
|Lich King of the Scourge, former regent of Stormwind||Scourge||Actif||Icecrown Citadel|
|Grand Crusader of the Scarlet Crusade||Scarlet Crusade||Décédé||Scarlet Bastion, Stratholme|
|Highlord of the Argent Crusade, wielder of the Ashbringer||Argent Crusade, Ashen Verdict||Décédé||Various|
|Boss in the Battle of Dazar'alor||Alliance||Tuable||Battle of Dazar'alor|
|Boss in the Battle of Dazar'alor||Tuable||Battle of Dazar'alor|
- Article détaillé: Paladin races
La classe Paladin peut etre jouée par ces différentes races: Modèle:Paladin attributes
Les elfes de sang paladin appartiennent à l'ordre des Chevaliers du Sang, tandis que les humains et les nains paladins appartiennent généralement à l'ordre de la Main d'Argent. Actuellement, les paladins draeneï sont membres de l'ordre de la Main d'Argus. Les draeneï sancteforge paladins sont des membres de l'Armée de la Lumière, une armée créée pour détruire la Légion ardente.
Les taurens paladins sont appelés Marches-Soleil. Aponi Crin-Brillant, un PNJ aux Pitons-du-Tonnerre, est vraisemblablement le premier personnage paladin tauren. Elle a une conversation avec Tahu Vent-de-Sagesse expliquant que les Taurens ne puissaient leurs pouvoirs que de la lune, car les Druides priaient la lune, alors que la lune et le soleil sont considérés les yeux de la Terre-Mère, les rendant sacrés à titres égaux. Pour corriger ce déséquilibre, les Taurens ont donc eu la possibilité d'utiliser le pouvoir du soleil.
Chaque ordre de paladins ont une monture différente.
- Human, Dwarf: Summon Warhorse, Summon Charger
- Draenei, Lightforged draenei: Summon Exarch's Elekk, Summon Great Exarch's Elekk
- Blood elf: Summon Thalassian Warhorse, Summon Thalassian Charger
- Tauren: Summon Sunwalker Kodo, Summon Great Sunwalker Kodo
- Dwarf: Summon Dawnforge Ram
- Dark Iron dwarf: Summon Darkforge Ram
- Zandalari troll: Crusader's Direhorn
- Modèle:Both All: Argent Charger
- Pour une liste complète des sorts de spécialisation, Paladin abilities
Invoque le pouvoir de la Lumière pour protéger et soigner.
Holy paladins have devoted themselves to healing, with powerful specializations including Beacon of Light and Light of Dawn. With their plate armor, Holy paladins are some of the toughest healers in the game. When they need to deal damage, they have access to both ranged and melee Holy attacks like Holy Shock and Crusader Strike.
Like priests who serve the Light, holy paladins are devout in their faith. After spending much of their lives in hallowed halls studying divine doctrine, those who pledge themselves to a holy order become beacons of the Light for their allies in conflict, taking up the heavy armor and weaponry of justice. Holding the unwavering belief that any battle waged to eradicate evil in the world is righteous, these paladins stands on the frontlines in service to all others dedicated to the cause. The truth and virtue of the Light imbues these sacred knights with the power to revitalize their comrades. If necessary, they even lay down their own lives to serve as a martyr for the greater good.
Utilise de la magie sacré pour se protéger et protéger les autres en posants des boucliers.
Through the Protection spec, paladins gain an increased ability to tank enemies. Paladins are especially well known for their ability to tank many enemies at once with rapid threat production. Strong stamina scaling, simple and very high threat generation and the superb Ardent Defender ability make paladins powerful tanks. With plate armor, shields and an array of powerful self-healing and defensive options, Protection paladins are often hard to defeat even without a healer by their side.
The paladin’s tools of war lay bare their motivations. Clenched in one hand is the weapon, a deadly device for exacting righteous judgment. Locked in the other hand is the shield, a symbolic and literal barrier protecting good from evil. Stalwart and steadfast, these protectors are ardent defenders of the Light and all that it touches, and are rejuvenated by its radiance in return. So dedicated they are to their cause that they consecrate the very ground upon which they battle corruption.
- "Retribution" redirige ici. Pour the paladin ability, voir Retribution (paladin ability).
Un croisé vertueux qui juge et punit les ennemis avec ses armes et sa magie sacré.
Retribution paladins favor slow two handed weapons, causing sudden damage spikes through both melee and spell crits. They favor single-target attacks like Crusader Strike and Blade of Justice to build Holy Power, powering regular use of Templar's Verdict, or Divine Storm for AoE. In PvP, Retribution paladins can be very effective off-healers, but have poor mobility. Retribution paladins can use powerful augments like Avenging Wrath to buff their damage output.
To serve as instrument of the Light is to hold an unshakable faith. Oftentimes the most dedicated paladins become fanatical in their devotion, instruments of retribution against those who dare defy the laws of the divine. These paladins are vengeful guardians of the weak—crusaders judging and punishing the wicked. Their resolute conviction in the divine order of all things assures them that victory is inevitable—but they will fight to the end to ensure that the Light prevails.
- Article détaillé: Holy Power
In addition to the mana used by all paladins, Retribution paladins have a unique resource system called Holy Power. Similar to the rogue's combo points, Holy Power is gained by using various abilities, such as Crusader Strike and Blade of Justice, while being consumed by spells such as Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm. Up to 5 Holy Power can be stored. Holy Power does not decay until 30 seconds out of combat.
- Voir également: Paladin sets
Les Paladins peuvent porter du tissu, du cuir, de la mailles ou des armures en plaque et peuvent utiliser un bouclier. Ils peuvent s'armer d'arme d'hasts et des épées à une ou à deux mains, des haches et des masses.
Les Paladins ne peuvent pas porter de dague, d'arme de poing ou de baton. Ils ne peuvent pas non plus porter d'arme à distance. Ils n'ont pas de sorts à distance conséquent, mais peuvent utiliser Main de retribution, Exorcisme et Bouclier du vengeur de la spécialisation protection ou Horion sacré de la spécialisation sacré.
Ils peuvent invoquer leur propre Cheval de guerre au niveau 20, ce qui leur apprend automatiquement Apprenti Cavalier. Le Destrier est appris au niveau 40, il ne donne cependant pas une augmentation de vitesse de 100 % tant que Compagnon Cavalier n'a pas été appris.
Traditionnellement, les Paladins sont souvent décrit portant d'imposants marteaux de guerres, la plupart à deux mains. Le "marteau du paladin" est sans doute le symbole le plus marquant du paladin. Certains marteaux ont des noms spécifiques, comme Arthas Menethil's Light's Vengeance and Uther the Lightbringer's Hammer of the Lightbringer. Le marteau est devenu l'icone des paladins sous Uther, mais tomba en defaveur apres sa mort. Draenei paladins also tend to prefer their own two-handed hammers, a Light-blessed crystalline weapon known as the Hammer of the Naaru. Les elfes de sang semblent préférer les arme d'hasts.
- Article détaillé: Sorts de Paladin
Les Paladins jouent un role clé dans un groupe en buffant ses alliés. Mais, ils ont toutefois d'autres sorts tout aussi utile dans leur arsenal.
Les talents du paladin l’aide à soigner plus efficacement, à renforcer la défense qu’ils offrent à leurs compagnons et leur permet d’infliger de terribles dégâts au nom de la justice.
- Article détaillé: Bénédiction
Depuis le patch 4.01, les bénédictions ont été combinées dans 2 sorts, Bénédiction des rois et Bénédiction de puissance, qui ont tout les deux une durée de 60 min. Ces bénédictions ne sont plus limitées à une seule cible et affectent maintenant le groupe entier.
les Mains sont des sorts qui peuvent etre ciblés sur les membres du groupe. Ils octroient divers formes de protection, comme
- Article détaillé: Mains (sort)
Pouvoir du sacré
Paladins have resource system similar to Rogue's combo points called Holy Power. It is gained by using various spells, such as Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, and Hammer of the Righteous, while being consumed by spells such as Word of Glory, Light of Dawn, Shield of the Righteous, and Templar's Verdict. Up to 3 Holy Power can be stored (5 with Boundless Conviction, although abilities will still consume at most 3). Holy Power does not decay until 30 seconds out of combat.
Les sceaux sont des buffs personnels qui augmente la puissance du paladin temporairement, en ajoutant des degats aux attaques de mélée. Additionnelement, ils peuvent libérer ces sceaux sur les ennemis avec des sorts de Jugement, provoquant des dégats du sacré et appliquant un effet sur la cible.
- Article détaillé: Sceaux (ability)
- Article détaillé: Blessing
As of patch 7.0.3 Blessings have been consolidated into three buffs – Greater Blessing of Kings, Greater Blessing of Might and Greater Blessing of Wisdom – that each have a 60 minute duration. Unlike their previous incarnations, these Greater Blessings are no longer multi target.
Contrôle de foule
Paladins have regular access to spell interruption through Rebuke and Hammer of Justice, as well as talents including Repentance and Blinding Light.
Les stats du Paladin varient en fonction du role. Les stats Secondaire sont optionnelles, et peuvent etre obtenues apres l'obtention des stats Primaires.
|Stats à éviter|
- Article détaillé: Talents des paladins
Les Paladins, comme les Druides, sont une classe unique car ils peuvent remplir 3 fonctions majeurs tres differentes en fonction de la composition du groupe et en fonction de leurs spécialisations.
- Article détaillé: Paladins as healers
Holy paladins have devoted themselves to spellcasting. The most common use of the holy specialization is healing; they take points in improving their healing spells allowing them to easily fill the position of a healer in a party or raid situation. Important talents such as Beacon of Light, Light of Dawn and Aura Mastery are found in the Holy spec. With the introduction of Holy Power as a second resource system, Paladins gained Word of Glory which has no mana costs, instead it uses Holy Power. You can build up Holy Power with Holy Shock and then unleash it with Word of Glory or Light of Dawn.
A less known utility of the Holy spec is the spellcaster dps role. Instead of healing, the paladin attacks enemies with spells such as Holy Shock and Exorcism, for which Denounce (paladin talent) is crucial: Holy dps can't be found under level 31.
- Article détaillé: Paladins as tanks
Through the protection spec, paladins gain an increased ability to tank enemies. Paladins are especially well known for their ability to tank many enemies at once with rapid threat production. Paladin tanking was once largely reliant on reflective damage, but can now effectively generate multi-target threat through the AoE spell Consecration and the multi-target attack Hammer of the Righteous to hold aggro on multiple targets. Strong stamina scaling, simple and very high threat generation and the superb Ardent Defender talent make paladins perhaps the best tanks in the game.
- Article détaillé: Paladins as DPS
Retribution damage favors slow two handed weapons and cause sudden damage spikes through both melee and spell crits. Through the now baseline retribution talent Crusader Strike and tier 3 talent Divine Storm they can deal considerable weapon based burst damage for AoE damage or for single target damage Templar's Verdict is a new melee range attack that deals additional weapon damage base on Holy Power consumption. Additionally, retribution paladins bring a large amount of raid utility, making them valuable in endgame instances. Retribution paladins are popular for their increased damage abilities for groups with the talent Communion, increasing the damage of the paladin's group by 3%.
Paladins have several anti-undead and demon abilities such as Exorcism, Holy Wrath, and Turn Evil which make them very effective when fighting Demon and Undead targets (not including Forsaken players, who are considered Humanoids for balance reasons). Exorcism and Holy Wrath work against all targets, but have additional mechanics when dealing with undead and demon.
- Article détaillé: Paladin PvP guide
In PvP, the paladin's most well-known strength is his/her ability to outlast his opponent(s). With plate armor, their ability to heal themselves and allies, and a near-complete invulnerability every few minutes, they are a hard target to take down. Paladins can also do a surprising amount of burst-damage and have good access to stun abilities. Paladins also make great supporting characters, buffing and healing team-mates while being able to survive the enemy's attention. Paladins are particularly vulnerable to Silence and Interrupt effects, as all of a paladin's abilities are part of a single magic school (holy). In addition, dispel effects are powerful against paladins.
Dans le RPG
A paladin must be good and will lose all Light-given abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act. Additionally, the paladin's code requires that he respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use their help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten innocents. While he may adventure with others from different organizations, a paladin will never knowingly associate with evil persons, nor will he continue an association with someone who consistently offends his moral code. A paladin may accept only henchmen, followers or cohorts whose intentions are good. A paladin who violates this code, becomes an ex-paladin, and loses all Light-given abilities until he atones for his violations.
- Their description during the Warcraft III alpha was as such: "The noble warriors of humanity employ both a strong military and powerful magics in the defense of their kingdoms. Bestowed with the ancient arms and armor of their forefathers, they wander from town to town righting the wrongs of society. Although the Alliance has all but fallen apart, these valiant warriors have once again taken up steel against the enemies of humanity."
- Some paladins are known to change their name after being knighted, with the example of Davil Crokford who became known as Davil Lightfire.
- Several paladins are depicted with golden eyes glowing with the Light, such as the Paladin and Turalyon units in Warcraft II, also seen with the paladin on the Divine Favor TCG Card. All Lightforged draenei have Light-infused eyes even though they are not all paladins. Since Battle for Azeroth, golden eyes are also an option for blood elves. Lady Liadrin and her paladins have them.
- According to Chris Metzen, the "heart and soul" of the Marvel Comics superhero Captain America was particularly influential in developing the "true vibe" of Warcraft paladins. The Protection ability Avenger's Shield and the talent First Avenger are explicit references to Captain America and his famous shield.
- Seals were self-buffs, permanent until changed, turned off or the Paladin switches specialization, which boost the power of the Paladin's melee attacks. Effectively, they added a weapon proc to their melee strikes. Previously, Paladins could unleash these seals upon an enemy using Judgment, causing holy damage and causing an effect depending on which seal was used. The Paladin needed to have a Seal active to use Judgment.
- Paladins had several anti-undead and demon abilities such as Exorcism, Holy Wrath, and Turn Evil which made them very effective when fighting Demon and Undead targets (not including Forsaken players, who are considered Humanoids for balance reasons). Exorcism and Holy Wrath work against all targets, but had additional mechanics when dealing with undead and demon.
- In Hearthstone: Rastakhan's Rumble's Modèle:Hs the player character is Modèle:Hs a jungle troll who Modèle:Hs a paladin. Modèle:Hs is a collectable card that also has what could be a jungle troll paladin.
- In Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows Modèle:Hs appears to be a gnome paladin, even sporting a unique mechanostrider mount.
- Modèle:Hs is a worgen paladin in Hearthstone Battlegrounds.
Vindicator Kaldel, a draenei paladin.
Royal Guardian Jameson, another human paladin.
Royal Guardian Jameson, a human paladin.
Vindicator Kaldel, a draenei paladin.
Changements lors de patchs
- Patch 7.0.3 (20-07-2016) : Now begins with plate armor at level 1 instead of mail armor.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28) :
- Paladins can now store up to 5 Holy Power at a time at higher levels, but still can only use up to 3 on each Holy Power spender.
- Auras have been removed from the game.
- Seals now works as "stances" instead of being a timed buff, which makes them persist through death.
- Relics have been removed from the game.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12) :
- Paladins now have a new resource, Holy Power, which works similarly to combo points.
- Greater Blessings have been removed. Regular Blessings now have the same mass effect without the need for a reagent.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14) : All Auras now affect all party and raid members within the area of effect.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05) : With the introduction of the blood elves, paladins are now playable by both the Alliance and the Horde.
- Paladin attributes
- See List of paladins for notable paladins of various races from lore.
- See Tips and advice for paladins for further advice and tips on the paladin's varying roles.
- See the paladin category for further information on the paladin class.
- Spell power coefficient
- Paladin twinking guide
- Paladins as healers
- Paladins as tanks
- Paladins as DPS
- Tome de divinité
- Of Blood and Honor, page 5
- World of Warcraft: Classic class description
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade class description
- Taking Your First Steps in World of Warcraft Classic
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Ground Units, Paladin
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Buildings, Church
- Warcraft III - Humans -> Units -> Paladin.
- Warcraft III - Undead -> Units -> Death Knight.
- Dark Factions, pg. 154-155.
- Consecrated Letter (quest)
- Consecrated Rune (quest)
- Modèle:Ref WoWCV3
- Ask CDev - Round 1
- Ask CDev #1
- Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
- Legion Class Preview Series: Paladin
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 90
- World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 79
- Concept art gallery
- The Comic Volume 1, pg. 3 - 4 — Chasing Thunder: A foreword by Chris Metzen
Modèle:Classfooter Modèle:WoW RPG classes